We’re sure by now you’ve either seen or heard about the new Snapchat update. In case you’ve been living under a rock, here are the facts:
- Make sure you have the most up to date Snapchat settings.
- Open your Snapchat camera and pinch your fingers together (as if zooming out of the screen).
- Settings will appear for you to choose if you would like to allow your friends to see your location.
- By clicking yes, a world map will pop up and your friends will be able see the location of your Actionmoji (a new type of Bitmoji).
- You also have the option to go into “Ghost Mode.” When in Ghost Mode your friends will not be able to see your location, however you can still see their location as well as events and breaking news.
At first, one might think “this is so much fun now I can show my friends where I am at all times.” Although this might be true, it’s also a sure way to get caught in a little white lie.
Have your mom on Snapchat? Make sure she knows you and your best friend (who she also has on Snapchat) are downtown at a club until 2 AM on a Thursday night rather than “studying”.
Hey Jon Tucker, if you thought the “top 3 best friends” component was going to sewer you, it might be time to check your settings to ensure you are set to “Ghost Mode”.
Sick days will have to be sick days. Told your boss you’re taking a sick day at home in Toronto on a Friday? They might not buy it when they see your Actionmoji frolicking around in NYC for the weekend.
Now, we’re not here to completely bash the idea of sharing your location with your friends. It’s a great way to find out where the hot spots are before going out on a Saturday night. Just make sure to be cognizant of who you’re sharing it with.